Thursday, August 20, 2015

Truth, Modesty, and Beauty

July 28, 2015 4:06PM


As I start this blog, I want to make it known that it is not for my own fame, but for God's glory. I wanted to start a blog about my love for fashion, but also my first love, which is God. I want to use my talent and my time to help lead others closer to God or to get them to know God. This blog will definitely be a challenge for me, but I have been feeling very convicted to start this because it has been on my mind for a very long time now. I hope that whoever falls upon my blog will be filled with the joy from God and if not I'm totally fine because it's only through the Holy Spirit that people will be convicted.

I want my main focus to be about not only fashion, but spreading God's truth, modesty, and the true beauty of a women. I have some special bible verses that will be basing my blog off on. I truly hope and pray that those who have run dry or those who are lost because of the chaos in this world will be able to see truth and find meaning of who they really are in God's eyes.   

As I start this journey, I hope you guys will follow me as I follow Jesus.

My first and very special bible verse comes from the book of Matthew as Jesus speaks to his disciples. 

                    "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in 
                   the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy 
                   Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have 
                   commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to 
                   the very end of the age."

Matthew 28:19-20

I have grown up in the church that is part of the CMA denomination. The CMA (Christian Missionary Alliance) main goal is exacting what this verse is stating. Jesus makes it so easy and clear, as he commands us to go out into the world and preach about his good news. So, as I start this blog, may I be able to spread God's good new to everyone who reads this.

The next two bible verses reflect on being modest and being mindful of how we present ourselves to others because we are God's children after all.

                   "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, 
                   who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not 
                   your own; you were bought with a price. Therefore honor God 
                   with your body."

1 Corinthians  6:19-20

This verse speaks so much truth into my life because it reminds me that this life does not belong to me, but to the one who created me. Everything I have is truly just a blessing that the Lord has given to me to use for his glory. Because I am his, I need to be careful of how I dress myself, so that I may honor him as a child of God. To honor God with our bodies, I believe is to dress modestly and I don't mean having to cover up from head to toe, but just be aware that we don't want our brothers to fall into sin. In this world, we see in the media and in our society that dressing in clothes that show off our figure and having guys check us out is something that makes us feel beautiful and accepted. The thing is God already accepts us and that in itself should be good enough to make us feel beautiful without having to sell our bodies. This then brings me to the next verse:


                    "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as
                    braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead,
                    it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle
                    and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

1 Peter 3:3-4

This last verse focuses on the outward beauty most people generally recognize first because we humans are visual creatures, but this verse speaks about beauty that comes from within. We shouldn’t spend so much time trying to beautify our appearance, but to beautify our spirit or soul. This might be a hard thing for many of us to follow because we do so much for vanity. I for sure struggle with this too. We have to remember if we are doing more for our vanity or for our sanctity.  

These were the few bible verses that really touch my heart and I hope they touch yours as well. I want to be able to be super intentional and honest about my faith and my actions. I think it is such a blessing to be able to start this adventure with all of you and I hope you all made it this far down!!! Thank you everyone for reading and hopefully maybe come back soon to see my future post. If you guys have any questions or just need a listening ear comment down below or email me at bethery.yang@gmail.com. Have a good day and God bless.  
      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment